AS AN EDUCATOR
I love to share all that I have learnt through my explorations and help people express their truest creative selves fully and freely.
- I completed my BFA (Bachelors in Fine Art) in Applied Art in 2012 from Rachna Sansad College of Applied Art and Craft, Mumbai University.
- Worked as a graphic designer in Goa with Beard Design on branding, illustration, web, packaging design projects
- Moved back to Mumbai in 2013, started freelancing on illustration and branding projects mainly.
- Started a visual design studio called Another Day Another Colour, in Mumbai in 2016. Had a team of upto 5 designers.
- Got deeply interested in being an educator in 2017 and took a break from running a studio to explore myself as an educator. Saptarshi, my then boyfriend-now husband, started taking care of ADAC studio during this time.
- In 2017, I started a project called 'Pet a project' with an aim to train kids and have them realise that they can fulfil multiple career dreams and don't have to follow one traditional trajectory. Gave a TEDx talk on the same topic in Bangalore, India.
- Began my close ongoing association with a public school in Mumbai.
- Joined the 'Teach India' batch in September 2017. Saw how amazing I felt and performed as a trainer.
- In 2018, I got interested in exploring myself as a painter. Expanded my studio space, developed a daily painting practise, sold a few paintings.
- While exploring myself as a painter, I took up a 500 poetry challenge and wrote 220 poems, also wrote and illustrated 3 short stories.
- In 2019, I moved to Kolkata with my husband. I started developing and conducting my own courses online on developing a creative mindset. Have coached more than 90 participants between the age 18-40 from more than 4 countries in 9 months.
- Currently I am working on taking myself as a creativity coach to schools and colleges across India, and corporates in the near future.
- Now that I feel settled in the role of an educator and a painter, I have resumed taking up design projects related to branding and illustration in a personal capacity as a freelancer. I realised I enjoy being a freelancer than a full time studio owner, have the freedom to experiment with all my varied interests, plug in and plug out of talented teams. ADAC Studio, that I started in 2016, is currently fully run by my husband Saptarshi Chatterjee, while I remain a partner and godmother. ADAC studio works on a wide range of communication and visual design projects including but not limited to website design, packaging, brochures, print collaterals, presentation design, etc. Whereas I take up only selective branding and illustration projects.
- I recently worked on designing the brand identity for a pet accessory brand and a luxury palace hotel in Vizag, India.
- After having explored quite a bit, having felt lost and found a bunch of times, I now feel settled in the beautiful journey of an ongoing exploration of my organic growth. I am now in a better space to adapt to even more areas of interest as one arises. I no more feel the need to reach somewhere. I only crave to explore, experience, create, learn, share.
- I truly believe we can be anything we want to be, and do anything we want to, at any point of time.